Cara, Site Manager
Married, Mom to Braylin (6) and Joel (4)
- What I’m buying for me: I really want to add some more functional storage to our home. We live in a small condo, so storage is always a huge issue for me. I have my eye on the Billy Bookcase from Ikea. I have the perfect space for it behind our dining room table and love that I can style the top half and have storage hidden in the bottom. I will also be hiring someone to put it together for me because…Ikea.
- What I’m buying for the kids: I filled up our summer calendar with swim lessons through the city, so swim suits are on the list along with new goggles and swim towels for the summer.
- What I’m reading: My husband recently got me a Barnes and Noble gift card, so I am going to go browse the new titles and see what jumps out at me. I have had my eye on The Wife Upstairs by Rachel Hawkins. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite novels, so I’m intrigued by this modern take on the story.
- What’s on my calendar: MOMS ONLY STAYCAY! Amy and I are headed out to the Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass this month for a much needed/earned/deserved staycay. We the only thing on our schedule for the weekend is the pool and spa. I honestly haven’t been this excited for a trip in a long time and can’t wait to get away for a few days!
- Where I’m taking my kids: To school. For real, this is the last month of school and then it’s summer break! I am going to enjoy the last few weeks of having them in school and being able to grocery shop solo, but I am really excited for summer and the fun plans we have. My youngest starts kindergarten in August, so this summer feels so final and like his last before we have two kids in real school and life just gets a little busier (is that possible?).
Married, Mom to Charlotte (4) and John (2)
- What I’m buying for me: I’m buying myself another pedicure and iced coffee from Modern Allo. I’ve been trying to figure out a reasonto go back for another pedicure as soon as I left my last one, and Mother’s day seems like the perfect reason to head in for a pedicure. I’ll definitely be adding on the extra massage minutes as well!
- What I’m buying for the kids: Swim lessons! I have an old student who is doing private swim lessons this summer, so my kids will be participating twice a week! We are super excited! With that, I’m also buying my kids locally made swimwear from Modern Roots Kids Co., and Raelo Swimwear!
- What I’m reading: The Bounty by Janet Evanovich. Janet Evanovich is my all time favorite author, and I’m stoked to read her new book The Bounty!
- What’s on my calendar: May the 4th! Y’all know I’m a HUGE Disney fan, and I’m also a HUGE Star Wars fan. We know it’s not a “real” holiday, but we love celebrating anyways! We will be taking a trip over to Soda Rush, and celebrating with some Star Wars themed activities.
- Where I’m taking my kids: The Aquarium! We plan on hitting up Odysea Aquarium, my son currently has a fish obsession and with the weather heating up we need something fun in the A/C. We also plan on taking a trip up north to escape the heat this month!
Single, Mom to Weston (8), Aria (6) and Leighton (15 months)
- What I’m buying for me: This is my birthday month so I’m spoiling myself a little and on the hunt for a solid pair of stud earrings.
- What I’m buying for the kids: Nothing! Lol, jk. They will probably end up with new swimsuits as the heat is upon us and it’s about to be lake season.
- What I’m reading: This month I’m going to be reading up on some legislative items for some classes this fall.
- What’s on my calendar: Sooooo much, Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day, baseball, MY BIRTHDAY, baby showers, end of school, Memorial Day, a quick vacation… so many things I don’t know where I will stop to breathe this month.
- Where I’m taking my kids: We have a busy agenda this month, but we are especially excited to try out Layton Lakes splash pad!