Finding time for a romantic date night can be a challenge on the calendar and budget, especially when you have young kids.
However, February is the month of love, and we believe that every couple deserves a special night out without breaking the bank.
In this blog post, our contributors rounded up five fantastic and budget-friendly date night ideas for you and your partner to enjoy this February.
Whether you’re into cozy dinners, outdoor adventures, or creative activities, we’ve got something for everyone.
So, grab your partner, leave the kids with a trusted sitter, and get ready for a memorable and affordable date night in the East Valley!
East Valley Moms
- JP’s Comedy Club: A Gilbert-based improv comedy club with performances weekly Thursday through Saturday (7 p.m. and 9 p.m. showings), you can snag tickets FREE for this if you have a Get Out Pass (use code xoxoEVM for ½ off an annual pass!), or we’ve also won free tickets to here at local bingo nights at restaurants and breweries. If you don’t have free tickets, they range from $5 for open mic nights to $22 for shows. -chief curator Amy
- Downtown Gilbert dine around: We like to do a DIY dine around to a few downtown Gilbert restaurants for a more cost effective way to try a few spots. At each stop we get a drink and an app, and usually make it to 2-3 restaurants. Also, since it’s just the two of us, we can usually get seats at the bar without waiting for a table. -contributor Jessica
- Escape room alternative: If you love escape rooms but not the price, try Zombie Scavenger Hunt Gilbert, where you book a themed scavenger hunt to “survive a zombie apocalypse” using clues. Good for up to groups of 10, this is a fun double/triple date idea (they have different themed hunts, from date nights to bachelorette versions). You can snag tickets FREE for this if you have a Get Out Pass (use code xoxoEVM for ½ off an annual pass!), or it’s $44.
- Fat Cats Gilbert: Did you know you can bowl FREE with your kid’s POGO pass weekly? Ditch the kids, grab a beer and bowl with your S.O. for free! Don’t have a pogo pass yet? Use code “eastvalleymoms” for the best deal on this annual pass.
- Test out your golf swing at Top Golf: Typically not labeled “budget-friendly” yet if you know the right time to go, you can snag a deal. Get half-off game play every Tuesday at Topgolf. No coupons, no random specials, no discount codes to remember — just a once-a-week deal where all the golf is half-off. We’ve gone a few times and never had to wait to play. Details on the offer here.
- Peacock Wine Bar: With daily specials and deals, you can snag a wine bar night on a budget at this local Gilbert wine bar! On Tuesdays they offer a board and bottle special, Wednesdays is a fondue and bottle special and Thursdays offer $5 secret cocktails.