It seems like from Halloween to New Years it’s a mad dash full of holiday craziness. Before kids it’s a lot of easier to connect and do holiday activities together. Once you have kids, the focus really shifts to them and helping them find joy in the season. We put together the ’12 Dates of Christmas’ to help you and your significant other make some time for each other during the busy holiday season!
12 Dates of Christmas
- Grab your ugliest sweater and head to the Downtown Chandler Sippin’ Santas Pub Crawl. Tickets can be purchased at the event on Saturday 12/11 and the list of participating bars and restaurants is too good to pass up! They each have a signature drink for sippin’!
- Put on your winter weather gear and head down Merry Main Street Ice Skating in Downtown Mesa. The outdoor ice rink is bound to give you all the Christmas feels. Stop by one of our local favorites, Chupacabra Taproom, afterwards for a post-skate beer or two!
- Make a cocktail or holiday beverage – talk about goals for new year and reflect on past year. Here is a list of some of our favorite holiday cocktails!
- Finish up that Christmas shopping together at Santa’s Merry Marketplace in Downtown Mesa, happening Saturday, Dec 18 from 5-9 PM.
- Snuggle up on the couch and watch a holiday movie sans kids. Some of our favorites are Elf, Love Actually, and It’s A Wonderful Life, we have a full Christmas movie guide here, too!
- Go ice skating at City Scape in Downtown Phoenix then hit up Bitter&Twisted for their Sippin’ Santa event, which features their restaurant decked out in Christmas cheer and some top notch holiday cocktails!
- Get dressed up and head out to the Feliz Navidad Cantina this holiday season. The Scottsdale restaurant, Salt and Lime Modern Mexican Grill, introduced the Christmas pop-up concept last year during the pandemic and is bringing it back, bigger and better, after its huge success.
- Find a local service project or place to volunteer. Give back a little this holiday season and spend time with your spouse.
- Have an at home game night with just the two of you.
- Wrap presents together and make a fun Christmas-themed cocktail from our Holiday Cocktail Guide to go along with the wrapping. Even if your significant other isn’t the greatest at wrapping, having someone to talk to while your wrap away might make it a little more enjoyable.
- Explore a holiday market, farmers market or craft market. There are holiday and craft markets popping up almost weekend, these are great spots to find local handmade goods + foods.
- Do a little holiday baking together and whip up a batch of cookies. Bonus: the kids will be excited to eat them with you the next day!
There you have it, 12 dates to get in the holiday spirit with your spouse. We want to see your date nights at home and around the east valley – tag us in your photos!