New contributor Barbara checking in. Proud adoptive mama to a super sweet, super active almost two year old boy.
We live in South Chandler, very close to the Gilbert border. Today I am sharing my favorite places to keep the little guy busy.
Where we play:
My son loves to explore and be outside so any place we can do both of those things and play around on some equipment is a win-win.
- Favorite park: Anything that was engineered with a solid rubber surface instead of wood chips and sand…ha kidding…but really! We live in the middle of our two favorites. First, Gilbert Regional of course! Just watch out for that big concrete slide because it is a doozy. Cameron loves walking around the lake, seeing the ducks and watching people fish. Playtopia at Tumbleweed Park is also a favorite of mine. Cam loves the area with the dinosaur eggs.
- Favorite neighborhood restaurant: We recently checked out Morning Kick where you can order at the counter and sit outside. The tater tots that came with my burrito bowl were delicious. The “Little Kicks” menu features the best waffle I have ever had. Coffee for mama too? Check!
- Favorite thing about your area for your family: When we moved here there was nothing around us but now that it has grown we can walk to the grocery stores, coffee shops, and restaurants. I love our family friendly neighborhood. There always seems to be a new friend to make at the park.
- Favorite play place: Uptown Jungle has a new and improved toddler play time (Mondays-Thursdays 9am-12pm). They added organized activities for the little ones. We love their punch card which is $80 for 10 visits. Normally it is $10/visit (+$5 for additional siblings) and parents play free. Don’t forget those grip socks at home or they will charge you for some of theirs at the door. Mama, wear your workout clothes because climbing through the small spaces is definitely ninja-type exercise.
- Favorite free/nearly-free activity: Since our Phoenix Zoo Membership pays for itself after two visits I am going to consider it nearly-free since we go so often. Cameron loves petting the goats! I love that they open an hour earlier for members so we can park close and beat the crowds or field trips.
- Favorite neighborhood class: As You Wish Pottery Painting Place has homeschool socials and classes for kids and adults (in studio or to-go). Although we don’t attend an official class when we go, I love taking Cameron to paint gifts for family and friends. Bring letter stickers (place on pottery, give kiddo paint brush and peel stickers off when paint is dry), lots of snacks and maybe a tablet for when the toddler starts to get antsy. If you’ll foresee yourself going often, the Family Fun Pass is totally worth it to save on paint time. I also can’t wait to start up ISR again in April with Miss Therace! That was definitely our favorite class last summer.
Check out more of where we play here!